#21   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 21:31
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Karen:

I've been thinking about that myself. That's why I don't really want to "jump" into this without some organization. Get some different opinions. Tomorrow I will compose a poll to see what kind of interest there is. As you say, this thread appears to be about Mastercook software, not about a recipe club.

I think the first thing to do is structure when the recipe gets posted (ie. every Tuesday) so people know that it comes out on the same day each week.

Maybe have a link in the recipes section for the current "Recipe of the Week" club with a link to comment & rate the recipe (just like the Member's recipes). Then it would go into the master file at the end of the week.

I worry about accessibility to the info. As you probably know, the site can be daunting to many people and they may not see the Recipe Club information if it's not literally staring them in the face. I'll think about this some more. Maybe some animation-type link?

Exposure, member involvement. Maybe even let the members vote on what kind of recipe they'd like to review that week. Get them involved in the decision-making (ie. induction recipes, salads, quick, etc.). I don't know, maybe that would be making it more complicated. What are your thoughts.

Lastly, people organizing it on a weekly basis. What happens if one person isn't able to put something together for the week. For me it wouldn't be that hard. I've got tons of recipes as resources. We'd need a few reliable people. I'd probably suggest only doing the Recipe club from September to July otherwise it might fizzle out with no hope of recovery.

Those are some thoughts for now. I'm sure there will be more. What do you think, oh wise one?

Wanda