Old Fri, Mar-23-12, 06:16
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdithBoyd
Because one of them came in the bathroom when I was injecting. They see the in insulin the fridge also. I'm told they are uncomfortable with it.

Does the ADA specifically say that an employee can keep insulin in the fridge? Does it specifically say I can take an injection at work? What about if people are offended by it?

You have a disability and you need to take treatment. Your health under law is the priority over another person's 'uncomfortable feelings'. It would be like telling someone to wear a mask because they had an unsightly facial scar, or insisting someone with a limb missing wore a prosthetic because people felt 'uncomfortable' - except in your case its worse as you need insulin and testing in order to live and stay healthy.

I don't know about the law in the US, but can't imagine on this issue it would be all that different from the UK, where employers have to make reasonable adjustments to accomodate the person with the disability or health issue - the person with the disability doesn't make the accomodation to deal with the ignorance and prejudice of colleagues. Were I in your position, I'd feel really angry.

Lee