View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 11:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/159/130
BF:
Progress: 43%

YOU CAN DO IT! I agree with what everybody said so far. You have to do it for yourself, and you have to have faith in yourself too. Nobody else can make the decision for you, only you can. Years ago, when I joined Jenny Craig, I went through one of their courses that addressed emotional eating. I realized that anxiety and stress really made me pig out. Instead of eating to ease my emotions temporarily, I learned to address my emotional needs in depth before I turned to quick fixes that I KNEW wouldn't work. Unfortunately, high carb, low carlorie diets didn't work for me even then. But since starting Atkins, I found that the class actually did help me deal with emotional eating, more than I knew. My opinion is that for any "diet" to become a WOL, you can't just focus on the weight loss or inches lost. You have to approach it from many different aspects that includes your emotional and mental well being. That may be the most important aspect that will make the difference between succeeding and quitting. Have faith in yourself, and don't just focus on the way you look or what you weigh. Pay more attention to the way you feel too, and try to work on that before turning to those doughnuts. Thanks for listening to my rant!