Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 09:41
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally posted by SarahO

Like you Paleoanth, it took me a long time to realize how overweight I had gotten. In the mirror I saw a much thinner person, and I either avoided having my picture taken or told myself it was a bad photo, I don't photograph well, etc. I had to face reality before starting Atkins, but now I seem to be stuck in that fat reality! I could really use some advice on how to mentally catch up with the new thinner me. I like your photo idea, but I genuinely don't photograph well so it's hard to get a decent "after" picture. (hey Paleo, you and I have almost the same stats! )

--Sarah

I am not sure I have completely caught up. Some days I feel like I look alright, others I don't. I am still such a scale slave-it is almost like it tells me whether or not I look OK.

When I started this, I took pics of myself in workout clothes. Yes, I know-TORTURE. But I kept at it and now I have before and now pics to compare ( I cannot wait to take an AFTER picture). That helps-because I can really see a difference. I also try really hard not to take this weight loss for granted. I know I must look way better than before-my tape measure shows a pretty dramatic drop in my waist size. As my mom told me once while she was in the middle of OWL -It sure looks better coming off than it did going on. She is also having to deal with readjusting her mindset to the weight she has lost.

So, find one of those pics of yours from before if you can and take a new one in a full length mirror of yourself in those same clothes. It doesn't matter if it is a good pic-no one else will see it! See if you can tell a difference. I will bet you can. I am going to attach my start LC and now pics. I had actually already lost 5 pounds before I started LC-so my true before pic is bigger.

Cool that we have almost the same stats! We can egg each other on!

Paleoanth