View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 07:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

I'm so glad you started this thread Yvonne, because I've been thinking about this exact thing the past couple of days. I can fit into almost all my old clothes, and when I was this size before I felt like I looked really good, but now I feel way fatter. A friend said I was looking "tiny" the other day and all I could think was "wha???" I didn't know what to say. When I look in the mirror I look so fat, like I've hardly lost anything.

Like you Paleoanth, it took me a long time to realize how overweight I had gotten. In the mirror I saw a much thinner person, and I either avoided having my picture taken or told myself it was a bad photo, I don't photograph well, etc. I had to face reality before starting Atkins, but now I seem to be stuck in that fat reality! I could really use some advice on how to mentally catch up with the new thinner me. I like your photo idea, but I genuinely don't photograph well so it's hard to get a decent "after" picture. (hey Paleo, you and I have almost the same stats! )

--Sarah