View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 01:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 137/115/110 Female 5'1"
BF:27%/20%/17%?
Progress: 81%

Hey Tracy,

I feel for you! Don't beat yourself up, though: Sometimes it takes more than will-power to gain control after falling off the wagon. Sometimes you need a little helper.

I don't know if this will work for you, but the following tip may give you the strength to get started again. It's from Atkins' website. If you're not already doing so, try this:

"To stop a binge from going any further, immediately take chromium picolinate or chromium polynicotinate (400 mcg, three times daily for two days); L-glutamine (500 to 1,000 mg, three times daily); plus a single dose of vitamin B complex."

(http://atkinscenter.com/advice/atki...acles.html/pg=2)

I haven't tried this, but I usually take one 200 mcg chromium picolinate tablet with my multivitamin (which contains 300 mcg chromium polynicotinate and several B vitamins) at lunchtime, plus one Atkins Dieter's Advantage tablet (containing 150 bcg chromium polynicotinate, among other things) before dinner each day.

I am AMAZED at how the chromium eliminates my carb cravings. I can look straight at them and they have no effect on me. I'm totally indifferent to them. It is the weirdest thing ever. It's hard to believe a pill could do this for you, but this is my experience.

The supplements have made it easy for me not to cheat and they may help free you from your cravings long enough to get back in the saddle again.

Good luck! You can do it! Also, keep surfing the forums: I find that spending time here also keeps me on track. Everyone's stories are so motivating and the support is great.

Best wishes,

Ophelia