View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-25-12, 04:09

Plan: dr. Boz Keto Continuum
Stats: 265/226/165 Female 175 centimeters
BF:53/46.8/21
Progress: 39%

Yesterday I did the other part of Rippetoe's split beginner program, by replacing the press with a bench press. I forgot about warming up with the row machine because I'd been stressing to get to the gym and running late. Next time, row machine.

Back squat, 40, 5x5. Still not sold on the back position, but it's still improving. My shoulders, chest and back need to be more flexible, though, that's for sure, and I have to work on that even on non-lifting days so I don't stiffen up again. I'm using a foam roller at home most days at least on the back.

Bench turned out to be 40 kg, 5x5. Not bad, considering I was at 45 before I started changing my form and it's been probably three weeks since the last time I hit the bench.

Deads, ditto at 40, 5x1. I have to start increasing soon, but the new form felt surprisingly good, and my back hurt less. It's a muscle-hurt, if that makes sense. Not an injury, I really don't think. Just misused muscles screaming protest.

I also stood in the bridge pose for 20 sec. Have to start adding in the frog/crow soon. That feels scary, because I have a mental block against handstands.