View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 12:11

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 161/157/135
BF:38%/36.3%/25%
Progress: 15%
Default Good Advice!

Thanks for the good advice. KellyG5, please let me know about your progress. You look great in your pics!
Nat, I see what you're saying about not mixing the plans. I have decided to follow the BFL eating plan but with slightly fewer carbs, especially since the LC doesn't seem to be working for me. Maybe it is time for a change. I am going to follow Hussman exactly and focus on my calorie deficit (counting the calories on the free day). I think eating 6 times a day will help with my metabolism too. I think it is pretty messed up from all of the different kinds of diets I've been on over the last 10 years. It's hard for me to believe anything will work after all of the failure I've had but hopefully there will be a change now that I'm working out according to BFL and focusing on a calorie deficit and following the BFL eating plan. So would your recommendation be to not do any additional cardio than the BFL plan even though I have about 20 lbs of fat to lose? Before I started BFL this week, I had been doing anywhere from 45 min to 1 1/2 hour of interval cardio a day, even though it hasn't seemed to help me lose weight. I am in a wedding in July and really need to have lost at least 15 lbs by then or at least dropped in sizes, especially since I might have ordered a size too small in the bridesmaid's dress since it runs small.
Thanks for your advice - it's so encouraging and gives me hope that this plan actually might work!