#7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 11:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/136/115
BF:%25
Progress: 16%

Day so far...

I woke up... went to the scale (egads lost 1 pound again, I feel like that guy in the poker game thread)... and then in total confusion went to the internet for some sanity.

All I can say is, thank goodness for this site!!! Its funny how a site is the only thing that stands between me and a trip to the bakeshop to drown out my sorrows in cream puffs (mmmm... I love cream puffs... argh stop :bash.

Okay, the general consensus says "hide the scale for a bit!" so I will try not to get on the spawn of the devil till I at least finish with the TOM (yay, learned a new word, thanks Fiona!)

Gem75 - Thanks a lot for that info that you're not losing weight but inches, your situation sounds a lot like mine come to think of it! Some people have been telling me that muscle weighs 4 times fat does but I've only been weight training for 2 weeks (I started a little before induction) and I don't know if you can gain muscle that quickly. And the scale is a strange thing, sometimes I'd just like so much to say I weigh 115 pounds. I know it doesn't mean anything and its silly... but.... Okay, must make it my new mantra that its the inches that matter!!

Fiona - I take daily multi-vitamins but I'm not sure if I should buy separate supplementary vitamins like potassium, calcium and magnesium (that's what Atkins recommends right)?
Also, you said in my diary I need to take more meat and fat and veggies? Isn't it better if you take less carbs then more though? I do take fiber supplements as well so I think I get enough fiber. I'm a little confused about eating more food/fat also. Atkins says "eat till your full" and "if you eat till your stuffed some of the fat will be converted into glucose and you will gain weight" so I stop when I'm full. But if I eat more than I need when I'm full won't I then gain weight? *scratches head in total confusion*

Dsights - About the water, I drink a TON of water (I think!). I have a small jug of water in my coat pocket which I'm always drinking, I drink like 2 to 3 glasses each meal, I finish and refill my jug about 4 times during the day and at the gym. And I sip sip sip water all day So all in all I drink about 13 glasses of water a day. Do I need to drink more? What is 64 ounces anyway? And yes despite that my ketostix is still purple though I go to the bathroom so much I can never be far from one (a nightmare when you're waiting for the bus!) I test my urine everytime I go to bed and in the morning though after reading the latest post by Kragness1 I will only do it in the evening.

Thanks for all the advice everyone, hopefully I can continue fine tuning my diet and attitude and get this right! And you're right Rosebud, I need to RELAX! I think that as people we tend to want things done like work/school (ie. I want at that at my desk first thing tomorrow morning you hear?) I have to remind myself that my body has its own time (though argh I wish it would go faster!)

--Elliebelly