View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 09:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/141/135
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default 1 week new

Hi! i consider myself only one week new because one week ago I bought the Atkins book and immersed myself in Induction. But I had cut down on my carb intake and believed the theory.The inches are dropping off and i am down 5 pounds. One question, is there a remedy for the "dry mouth" or "metal mouth" feeling, or do I just continue to drink water all the time? Any candy ( non-carb) to suck on? Not really a big deal! I called myself "emptynestr" on this forum because the big deal in my life right now is not losing the 15 lbs, but the fact that my 22 year old son, the last child living at home ( daughter working on a cruise ship)..is moving out tomorrow and i am feeling fragile. This is permanent..he bought a house and is moving himself and his collected inventory of stuff from our place into his. Yes, it's 5 minutes away, yes, he'll be around...but I am feeling sad and old!And today on the beautiful west coast it is rainy and melancholy . But..now I have the Atkins to focus on, and am finding that so far, this WOE lives up to all i have seen on the support forums. Love reading the stories of success! and no doubt in a few days, I will sign myself off as "freedom", "been there, done that" or some such ..just have to get used to having no kids! have a great day & thanks for reading this!
Sponsored Links