View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 23:41

Plan: Atkins/CKD
Stats: 000/000/000
BF:
Progress:

First of all, learn to speak for yourself, rather than make a sweeping generalization. I, along with many people I know personally, have lost fast and continued losing. Usually, when someone complains to me that they're not losing fast enough...it can be traced back to doing the diet incorrectly. EVERYONE stalls at some point, no matter if it's a diet, a weight lifting progream, cardio, doesn't matter, everyone stalls at some point. Now, some do the diet correctly and still lose slow, but point is they STILL LOSE...not to mention the health benifits. What is this extreme need for speed in losing? Any more than 2-3lbs a week and chances are ur losing muscle, no matter how much protein ur eating.
Bottom line is, you are a quitter. Sorry to be harsh, but essentially, that's what you are. You will go from diet to diet (as you probably already have) and complain about something in each one of them. Basically, you are just looking for reasons to quit. And this garbage about, "I know something about nutrition....but I ignored it for the sake of vanity." Wow, very poetic. I am sick of people who take a nutrition class or become a nutritionist (some of the most clueless people on the planet) and try to dispense their views with this "School house nutrition." You are all tought out of the same book, open your minds for once. Why dont we all start having 3 square meals a day, with milk and a nice slice of Mom's apple pie afterwards. If you dont like the diet, fine, beat it....don't drag others down who may be doubting themselves. This is a life long process, not a race to "look good for summer."