View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 23:32

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

Ok don't worry!!!!

yes you will put on weight when you get your period (or TOM as it is referred to around here) ... you body retains fluid over this time and people tend to bloat easier then ... women can gain from 0 - 5kg over night with TOM (5kg = 11 pounds)....

Now the metabolism thing - it should be working on your metabolism speeding it it, but remember you are also working out - building muscle, muscle weighs more than fat so that could explain the increase but it takes up less room - have you done measurements - these might give you a truer look at how you are going than jumping on the scales.... are you taking the vitamins Atkins recommends? they can boost your metabolism as well.....

Also I would suggest kicking the scales under the bed until the 15th Day (1st day after Induction 2 week time) try it then, daily fluctuations can affect our moods and make us happy or depressed depending on what the scales say - do you really want your day to be decided upon before you leave home based on what some numbers say?????

the fear of fat and meat is a natural one, I am an ex anorexic and bulimic I get a feeling of horror each time I eat some cream, or fat from meat and whenever I feel full I have a desire to throw it all up again but I get over it, push that feeling down and eat and enjoy..... and I feel better for it .... it will be a daily battle to overcome years of education telling you fat is bad and carbs are good but it will work eventually....

I hope this helps some, you are doing fine, just fine, Induction is a stressful time but it is worth it (I had my first weigh in today after 12 days on Induction and the results are worth it definately!).....

Fiona