View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 19:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

Quote:
i've experienced a lot of the same... infrequent BM's, urine odor, dry mouth, bad breath, but what do you expect? we're all GOING THRU WITHDRAWALS!!!!! i'm sure it's not walk in the park quitting smoking, drinking, drugs, or any other bad habit... it'll subside, (i hope!!)

This is so true. Sugar is poison. That is why there is the disease of diabeates. Hang in there! Once you go through the withdrawals the side effects will disapear.

Some basics really help with the symptons.

Drink water and plenty of it. I know you can have bacon on induction, and this is a real treat, but don't over do it. Processed meats are filled with salt and other things which can make your mouth dry and also make you dehydrated.

Bad breath and urine odor... well as far as the urine, no one is in there with you so who cares? Just means you are burning fat which is GREAT! The bad breath, you may want to chew on some parsley, eat your salad greens and buy blintz mintz (made with spenda and .12 carbs a piece.)

Make sure you eat enough vegis. Yes this is a diet based on fats and protien, but you need your fiber!

Rest when you feel tired. In a couple of weeks you will have more energy. Don't push yourself too hard in the beginning. Remember, you are detoxing. Take this time to take a warm bubble bath, a nap in the afternoon, etc. Soon, you will have so much pep you won't want to lay around anymore.

And last but not least, RELAX. Enjoy this new journey. Look forward to how you will feel. Love yourself and be proud that you made a great decision to take control of your life and embark on a new way of eating!

I am proud of all of you! Hang in there!