Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Koko, glad you're still around!

Quote:
Don't be upset with me for being so dissillusioned, i can't help it

Why would I be upset with you? You're simply having doubts. Nothing wrong with being human.

I think that you should try something with higher unrefined carbs. Basically, that's what maintenance is, right? That's what they all have in common. If you don't experiment, you won't know, right?

Koko, I went through the same thing as you. I was unhappy with rate of loss with Atkins' so I went back to my old ways. Low fat. I was a vegetarian for 17 years and followed LF for 6 years. Guess what? The weight wouldn't come off then either. In fact, it was slower. So then I had to re-evaluate. I went through every low carb plan trying to absorb what would work best for me. Ironically, I learned that the problem wasn't Atkins' plan, it was my impatience.

Quote:
I saw a lot of people like me who did not have much to lose and were not losing any.

Even Atkins' says the last 10 pounds should take months to come off. The slower the better. When it comes off quick, it comes back quick.

Again, bottom line is that you need to find what works best for you. No one is the same. But above all, the only way you will succeed is if you become a little more patient. Stress will also cause you to stall. Now the other problem is that you are weighing everday. Based on your journal, I personally think it sets you up for disappointment. Don't let a stupid little number set your mood for the day. You're giving all your control over to a scale.

Quote:
Wanda, what you said about PP being too many carbs for you to control bingeing, does it not help you if your carbs are all "good carbs" unrefined and natural? I think that is the difference for me.

I like the concept of Schwarzbein and PP. I tried doing them, but the bingeing problem was a stumbling block. Good quality carbs cause me to crave sugar which causes a binge. That's not to say that in the future I won't change to their plans as my blood sugars stabalize (although really, Atkins' for Life is the same thing). It took years of being a sugar junkie to get me into this mess. The least I can do is be patient while my body recovers from the abuse.

I guess patience comes with experience (ie. past mistakes). You'll get over this hump Koko and then you'll come out even the wiser for it.

Wanda