View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 15:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/BodyRx
Stats: 209/169/150 Female 67 inches
BF:43%/32%/24%
Progress: 68%

I did a quick tally in fitday.com of what you're eating and while your carbs are around 20, most of that is coming from cheese and the ranch dressing, which means you're probably not eating enough veggies. I agree that you should cut back on the cheese but also up the veggies... otherwise you'll be missing out on all the nutrients they give you (which you can't get from lettuce alone!).

If you want a strict menu, what about altering it to look something like this?

B: eggs & sausage (perhaps skip the cheesse here and just have your eggs scrambled or fried)

L: Chicken breast with salad (toss in a few cherry tomatoes or celery or mushrooms or brocolli flowerets... or whatever veggies you like but no carrots)... ranch dressing is fine. Make sure it's not low fat. (Note that 6 tbsp is 4 grams of carb according to fitday)

S: Atkins bar may be OK, but they do stall some people & are rumoured to have hidden carbs. If you run into trouble, try cutting them out. Tuna is fine too. Other snack options are celery with cream cheese, pepperoni, pork rinds, olives, a piece of cheese.

D: Beef patties with a side of veggies. What about steamed brocoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce? Or sauted green beans? Or mushrooms fried in butter?

Lastly, I second the idea that you should sign up to fitday and start tracking your food. Once you do that for a few days you start to get a good "eye" for food content. Your ratio should be somewhere around 70% fat, 5% carb and 25% protein.

Also, you said you want a strict menu that you can stick to until you reach your goal weight. Just keep in mind that you can't expect to stop eating this way once you reach your goal and maintain. So unless you want to have the exact same menu for the rest of your life (!!)... then I'd suggest forcing yourself to mix things up a little and try different meal combinations... especially after you're done induction. Otherwise you'll never get used to eating low-carb as a way of life & you may have trouble keeping the weight off once you lose it.

Thems my two bits!
Good luck to you!