Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 14:54
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Wanda, nice to see you,

Don't be upset with me for being so dissillusioned, i can't help it

I just checked my induction fat levels they were ranging from 90-108 grams. I really think for me the satisfaction comes from consuming unrefined carbs. Currently I'm trying to wade through the Montignac Plan and it looks pretty good. Tomorrow I'll be in town and can check out some more books. I just remembered there is a used book store near where I am going so will stop in and see what I can scoop up.

I think the frustration with Atkins was both that the weight loss was slow/not happening and I saw a lot of people who appeared to be not losing or at very slow rates. I was worrying that the losses were only happening for people who had a lot to lose and even then were stopping after the first big loss. I saw a lot of people like me who did not have much to lose and were not losing any. Its not so much that I'm in a rush to lose, I am of course anxious but 2-3lbs a week would be quick enough. But I've been doing this Atkins now for over a month with no results. One day it looked to be down 4lbs the next day right back up???
The other frustration was that the meals were not satisfying to me, I am used to a high fibre diet with lots of unrefined grains and legumes. It is possible I have now found to do lo-carb and include these things but the atkins plan is not the best way of doing this.

I did a couple of sample days at FitDay ,sort of an average day of eating for me before I started Atkins and my carbs were about 100-130, the fat was quite low 10-20, the fibre 20-40 and the calories were 1400-1800. Remember though this eating was not what caused me to gain, my weight was quite stable on this - around 115-120 for a few years. I gained most of this extra 20 in a couple of weeks after xmas when fighting off the Nicodemon in the prescence of the treats left over from Christmas - not a good combination at all.
Wanda, what you said about PP being too many carbs for you to control bingeing, does it not help you if your carbs are all "good carbs" unrefined and natural? I think that is the difference for me.
I will check out PP too in my research, thanks again for the suggestion.