View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 14:53

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%

Hi, Earthlight, thanks for the advice. Against my better judgement, I started on the Augmentin. Starting to feel better, will mop up the yeast mess later. Everyone in my house is sick, and I need to take care of them, so the antibiotics were the quickest way.

I did try something natural, some of the ingredients in Candistroy were what you recommended. Goldenseal, garlic. The good news is, although it didn't kill off my sinus/bronchial infection, I experienced no die-off symptoms. And I was taking the largest dose possible, twice daily. Did that for two days. I am hoping the majority of the yeast is gone. Except for what I am "regrowing" now. I am taking TONS of Vit. C, have the powder kind, and am taking about 2-3 grams a day. Also taking my probiotics, daily vitamin, b-complex, cal/mag/D. Taking it easy. Not eating very well, but trying to still low carb, just small quantities, just not hungry. Well, did I say taking it easy? I am taking care of two sick kids, and a really really sick hubby. Thank God the dog is healthy!

Yes, I have heard of colloidal silver. I never thought to try it, but I am in no shape to get to the health food store, anyway. I do have the saline nose drops. They give me the shivers. Silly, I know.

Well, just wanted to drop in and lurk for awhile. Thanks so much for all your suggestions. I feel like a quitter for taking the antibiotic, but like I said, I have to keep moving. If mom goes down, the whole ship goes down!

Have a great day!!

-Jess