Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 13:49
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi KoKo:

Quote:
I'm finding that my ability to lose weight is slowed by age, this is also part of the reason I have gained the rest is from my nibbling while quiting smoking . It used to be if I needed to lose a few pounds I could do it in a matter of days, not anymore

I think you hit the nail on the head. Is your frustration with Atkins' or the fact that weight loss is now slower. Alas, no plan will resolve that problem. Just make sure that whatever you stick to is workable for life.

I've read almost all the books out there on LCing and I pick up great ideas from each. Probably PP would better suit your needs. It's basically Atkins without Induction and they do like their wine (in moderation). If you read Atkins' for Life, he suggests that people with little to lose should start out at 60 grams of carbs/day and then judge whether to increase or decreased based on whether you lose weight. If you gained just by nibbling, I think you belong in that category.

But, if you are looking for faster weight loss, Atkins is it. Trust me, if you aren't enjoying the food, it's time to shake up your menu . I can't stress that enough. I've never been so satisfied with food in my entire life. The biggest challenge is fighting boredom b/c it's just too easy to eat the same things.

BTW, how many grams of fat were you eating when you were on Induction? My requirements for protein are quite small compared to other people (67 grams according to PP). It wasn't until I learned how little I needed (by logging my foods through fitday) that I started feeling satisfied with my food. The reason? B/C my fat intake increased. Like you, I'm small with little left to lose. I need to count my calories too.

Bottom line is that Atkins' isn't for everyone. I wanted to do PP but couldn't manage the higher number of carbs to control bingeing. So I went to Atkins'. I let my body choose which plan was best. It might take some time for you to decide what's best for you. But the rewards are well worth it.

Regardless what you do, I hope you are able to find something that will make you happy.

All the best,
Wanda