Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 09:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/188/150 Female 66
BF:39
Progress: 16%

Okay - here it is.....

Wings:

We bought a bag of frozen chicken wings (plain) at Costco, along with a new deep fryer.

Deep fry in any oil you prefer until cooked - deep fryers normally give a recommendation on this (time/temp, etc.). We cook them until they start floating at the top of the oil, and then take them out.

While they are frying, make the following sauce (we make it in a tupperware container large enough to fit all the wings):

1 tbs. white wine vinegar (0 carbs)
2 medium sized cloves of garlic (put thru press)
few drops of liquid smoke (0 carbs)
2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/8 stick of melted butter (0 carbs)
salt & pepper to taste

Add the butter last and microwave all the ingredients combined. This will melt the butter AND heat up the sauce. That way the sauce won't cool the wings off when you put it on the wings.

Now, I can't handle ANY spice, so my husband takes that mixture and puts the cooked wings in with it, puts the lid on the tupperware and shakes them all up - then they are ready to serve.

He likes his REALLY spicy, so he then adds a few drops of extract based hot sauce to the leftover sauce (this is different than tobasco). Then he shakes his wings up and they are ready to serve.

As you can see, this recipe does not require breading, so even if there are hidden carbs, it comes out very low in carbs. I dip mine in blue cheese dressing.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the recipe, and I will ask my husband to clarify.

Let me know how you like it - we will make it again this week also.
When should we be checking back in? I think it is nice to have a weekend involved. Should we check in next Thursday?

M