#7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 09:00
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Magicslr nice too meet you

I had been doing Atkins for about 5 weeks, I did a loose induction the first time(had wine that blew it) and a tight induction the 2cnd time and a day of fat fast. Appeared to lose a few pounds but it was on and off from day to day until I ended up still at my start weight. I peeked at your profile and could not tell your age, if you are like me, I'm 48 (hate to admit it, but the hormones don't lie) I'm finding that my ability to lose weight is slowed by age, this is also part of the reason I have gained the rest is from my nibbling while quiting smoking . It used to be if I needed to lose a few pounds I could do it in a matter of days, not anymore .

I think that part of the reason that Atkins does not work so well for me as a lot of others is that I may not be sensitive to carbs but think I am sensitive to fat. I usually eat only whole grain unrefined carbs and don't seem to be triggered to overeat with them. I admit that I like sugar but it also does not cause me to binge or anything, in fact I think that at times it causes me to feel more full than anything else.
On Atkins, I never really felt like I had eaten a real meal, and the protein although high in calories and fat takes very little room in the tum tum and dosen't for me anyway leave me feeling satisfied the way a meal containing some grains and or legumes would. I know a lot of Atkiners say not to count calories, but you are supposed to watch them (10-12xbody weight formula) and you reach that quite quickly on a high fat/protein routine when you are of petite stature like you and I.

I'm with you on the processed foods, I'm very sensitive to sodium and these all make me retain fluid. Checked on the turtle thread also and had really eliminated any of the causes. Without overeating, I was always hungry on Atkins and not losing - .
Years ago when Atkins and LoCarb was a new concept I did lose on it - boiled egg and sardine diet I called it - but only ever did it for a few days a week - to lose any "weekend weight"
The main thing is that you are happy with it and so this means you will be able to stick with it and probably start losing soon.
I do believe in lo-carb, and thats why I'm checking out some of the others. The montignac method is interesting, but the section in the forum here is not the liveliest and I'm quite confused over some things. I spend a lot of time being confused so the feeling is familiar anyway

Sorry this turned out to be a rather long reply I have a rambling problem

Hang in there tho, sounds like this is the plan for you .