#9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 07:47

Plan: Montignac
Stats: 180/180/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default 4th day

Hi Pink Pebbles,

thanks again for your support... I have to think about your hint about the fruits during the day... actually I just got home from the supermarket and bought lots of carrots and tomatoes. I used the apples before because the are so easy to carry with me, and when I'm on my way home and know that it will take me one hour more to prepare lunch, I'll have one on the train. And since in spain dinnertime is so late, I had another at around 7pm. but now I'll try to switch over to the veggies, because of the sugar, and because I want to see results at the end of this month... but I really like apples and pears so I don't know if carrots will do for me, I don't want to feel like a rabbit...

Last night I had shrimps with white wine and herbs, it was fantastic. The variety of fresh fish here in the stores is amazing. I found out that the recipes for fish here in the mediteranean go very well with the MM, I have a fish cookbook which is very good. Many recipes come with breadcrumbs, but there are still a lot without any carbs. In the restaurants everything is served with pasta, potatoes or rice, but since you can easily order a salat instead, I'll be fine.

The only thing bad here is the white flour mania. If you ask someone where you could find wholegrain stuff, they will look at you as if sick or from another planet. But Madrid is big and I will keep searching. One day I will find the tiny little healthy-food-store I'm looking for...

You live in London, don't you? Was it easy for you to find all the foods required? Or did you have to look too to find shops ? Was it easy for you in the beginning to adapt your life (and maybe your surroundings) to the new lifestyle? I find that I'm more at home than before because I'm cooking my food and don't go to Macdonalds or similar anymore. And that it is a little more difficult to be spontaneous. Today I was invited after class to the house of a friend (I'm doing a spanish class), but I turned it down until next week because I didn't have any food with me and also didn't want to come to her house and find only toast or pasta to eat. but on the other hand I don't want to tell everybody that I'm trying to change my eating habits. I've done that so often, and afterwards it didn't work out. Now I'm a little embarassed to admit that I'm trying it again... After all, for many people this is just another diet, and I want to avoid that. How did your surroundings react to you?

Hope you're having a nice day.

Sandra.