#8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 03:31

Plan: Montignac
Stats: 212/166/140
BF:
Progress: 64%

Hi Sandra

Hope this message finds you well and happy

Following on from your last post...a little cream in the spinach is fine!!! Good for you!

Well done in drinking the 2 litres of water...you'll notice the difference if you drink that amount everyday...your skin will look fab and your weight loss will be pretty excellent too.

As for portion size....well that sounds like it's a bit of a problem with you at the moment. I am sure when you get further into the MM then the potion size will grow. For the moment though any food you can't eat at meal time, put to one side.

When or if you start to feel hungry again, then re-heat the food if necessary and then finish it off.

I would stay away from snacking on fruit between meals even if it's well with the time ranges MM gives. I find eating fruit at the very start or very end of the day is fine, but during the day it really bloats me out. I really LOVE fruit so this isn't always easy for me but it really helps.
You said that you were eating an apple while waiting for your dinner...that might bloat you out slightly so you don't get to enjoy the main meal portion. You might be OK...everyone is different..

If you can't face eating left overs from the previous meal, try cucumber and carrot chunks with some fresh coriander, or slices of tomato with freash basil to snack on...its a little easier for your body to digest than fruit.

The Protein/lipid or low carb choice is a very personal thing. As you carry on with the MM you'll come to realise very quickly what your body needs and when.

For me breakfast can go either way.

Lunch is usually very high protein with lots of veg or salad.

My evening meal is also high in protein , and tends to actually be bigger than lunch even though the MM says the opposite. But because I tend to get more hungry at night and I wish to share the meal time with my partner we always have a substatial amount.
Sometimes though (the time of the month, or crap day at work) I tend to have a very high carbo meal...lots of pasta, or rice (no meat though). I find past and rice more of comfort food!

High protien low carb meals make me feel better anf fuller for longer. They are also very good if you reach a plateau in your weight loss later on...extra protein kick starts everything again!

Please feel free to ask for recipes at anytime...it would be a pleasure to share them. I love cooking so a lot of my old recipes have been "converted" to the MM, and they taste really good.

Just as a post script.... I TOTALLY AGREE with Spang in that you are now on your way to the new you and your new eating habits for life.

The MM is a very healthy well balanced way of eating...please please please don't ever think of it as a diet otherwise you'll only think of this way of eating in the short term, and won't get round to embracing it fully.
Over the months I have followed this I have found that I can go up to 3 weeks without loosing weight but just staying static, then the following week I'll loose 7lbs...so it can jump about like that...so don't dispair if the weight doesn't come off at the way you want it.... your body has gone through a lot from all the diets you have been on in the past...and now its slowly getting back to normal.
Just think about how healthy you are eating and that the weight loss is a wonderful bonus that goes with it...so don't wish your life away for 4 weeks down the line, enjoy each day for all the yummy food you get to eat and knowing you are being good to your body and yourself!

Take Care Sandra
All the best

PP