View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 21:08
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

First, congrats! You have lost a lot and that is great. Second, the fact that you are still losing inches means you are not stuck. That is also great. I lose either inches or pounds-usually not both at the same time. The scale not moving is frustrating, but the tape measure moving is darn good in my opinion. I love to shrink!

Being a vegetarian, I also have to watch my fat intake. Many of the foods I eat are low in fat, so I have to be careful about that. What I do is add butter, mayonaise and olive oil to my food. I also add real cream to my coffee in the morning. MMMMMM. I love cheese and even though I limit myself to 4 oz or less a day, it is a good source of both animal protein and fat. I also have salad with just about everything I eat, so the full fat dressings are a good addition.

You might also want to think about full fat unflavored yogurt. Apparently, the active cultures eat most of the carbs (there are a couple of threads on this), so no matter what the package says, it has 4 g of carbs per cup.

Good luck and you are doing just fine!

Paleoanth