View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 07:35

Plan: Atkins/testing CAD
Stats: 198/184/145
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Hi Kim...

I see we are both new, I'm on day 3. I read that you want a buddy and at first I thought I did too but when I thought about it I got a little worried that I might start comparing myself too much. I've always been a slow loser and I can get discouraged when I try to diet with a buddy and they lose faster or have an easier time than me, but that's me.

One of the things I'm trying to do differently this time is learn from my mistakes. I've started writing about my dieting history and really thinking about what I have done to sabatoge myself in the past. I feel strongly that unless I'm willing to look back and get honest about the past I can't move forward and hope to succeed. I'm getting too old to screw up again. Now its not just a desire to look better, it is at the point of my health too. Hopefully I'm a bit more emotionally mature this time around.

Today I'm going to take my measurements. One of those lessons to be learned from the past is DO NOT LET the bathroom scale run and rule how I feel each day. That nasty machine can really mess me up if I let it.

What have you learned from your dieting history that you can apply to your life today?