#3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 06:44

Plan: Montignac
Stats: 212/166/140
BF:
Progress: 64%
Smile

Hi Sandra

So glad to hear that you have started with the Montignac Method. I have battled well and truely with my weight for all of my adult life and most of my teenages years....done all the diets, but this one really really works!!!

I have lost 3 and half stone since last May....and i have not been tempted at all to come off the plan because I can actually eat loads of food and its very healthy.

I am still losing weight but its very slow now...but I am happy to stick to phase I as its so very easy
The advice you have been given so far is excellent, although I would add snacking on nuts might mean the weight loss is slightly slower. Even though they have a very low GI I did find (only because I ate huge amounts) that the weight didn't come off so fast. I actually substituted nuts for olives...they fill me up better and they don't seem to slow down the weight loss.

The only other thing I would add is drink copious amounts of water and not diet fizzy drinks.

I told my an old school friend about Montignac last year, and she has nearly lost 4 stone on it!!!

So sandra stick with it...it's worth it! and what ever you don't do half heartedly...it's not a like the other diets where you can be naughty every so often. If you are naughty on the MM it can set you back quite a bit especially in the early part of Phase I.

Good Luck!

Best Wishes