View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 00:33

Plan: South/Atkins/Ornish/etc.
Stats: 275/260/190 Male 5'10"
BF:lbs&in. first, ok?
Progress: 18%

See, the thing is, I'm still getting over the fact that I've adopted a WOE that allows me to have bacon without a psychosis about it. Bacon and eggs haven't paled for me yet!

I stay enthused by varying egg dishes. Deviled eggs with mayo and bacon bits and Red Hot Sauce are a neat alternative (and portable if you're On The Go in the mornings...). And there's a lot you can do with fresh hollandaise sauce. (Egg yolks, butter, lemon juice, and it's ALL legal on induction. EGAD I like this plan...)

I know you're looking for NOT egg breakfasts, but while on induction the choices for traditional "breakfast" foods are, as you say, limited. I tried some of the bake mix muffins and the like and promptly stalled, so I'm back on eggs.

If you're one of those folks who doesn't stall by consuming sugar alcohols an Atkins bar or low-carb shake is sometimes handy, again if you have hectic mornings. (getting two children out the door for school while the third is trying to see just how far the no-spill cup will eject milk qualifies as hectic)

Hope this helps.