View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-29-11, 06:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/185/130 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Splenda

I just wanted to post my own experiences with Splenda. Hope this is the right place. I started using Splenda in my coffee about 2 years ago. About a year later, I began experiencing numb arms and legs at night. About 6 months after that, I started having awful vertigo where I would feel like I was falling or spinning around or telescoping inward (hard to describe that one) when I was actually stationery. I have Graves disease, so I thought it might be related, but my thyroid tests were normal. My doctor sent me to 2 different cardiologists, a neurologist, and an endocrinologist. No one found anything. They ordered brain and neck MRIs because they wanted to rule out multiple sclerosis. That was pretty scary and took some months of waiting until I could get the MRI. It wasn't that, thank God.

With no answers but lots of medical bills, the symptoms continued. One day last spring, in addition to my usual 3 cups of coffee with splenda, I made cinnamon toast with splenda instead of sugar. I had a massive vertigo episode about 15 minutes later. I wondered about the connection at the time but didn't make it thoroughly. About 3 days later, I had the same cinnamon toast and experienced the same vertigo. Finally, I made the connection. I started looking up Splenda health problems on the internet and found that I was by no means alone. This sort of surprised me because it's made from sugar, right? But how is it processed?

I threw away the Splenda. It took about 2 weeks for the vertigo to go away and another month for the numbness to go away, but I haven't had them since--unless I accidentally consume something with Splenda.

I don't know if this is dangerous for everyone or if some people are just sensitive to it. The symptoms I found that others were having including fibromyalgia-type symptoms, brain fog, and the symptoms I had as well.

I'm not sure what the best solution for everyone else is, but I'm never touching the stuff again. I hope this helps somebody.
Sponsored Links