View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Oct-27-11, 08:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

I'm one of those who cannot touch sugar alcohols. I can digest the sugar alcohol fine - I never have any gas or anything, but I cannot smell a sugar alcohol and hope to lose for up to a week and a half afterwards. I'd choose real sugar over sugar alcohol any day. The sugar alcohol doesn't spike my blood sugar as badly as proper sugar, but a similar amount of proper sugar doesn't stop me losing weight. I tend to gain several pounds when I eat sugar alcohol, don't lose it for over a week, and have no weight loss whatsoever by the time the excess weight has been lost. Personally, I see no point in dieting for a week and having no weight-loss due to an insignificant amount of a sugar alcohol. I'd prefer not to low-carb for the week and enjoy good quality food instead.

I have read that erithyritol is by far better than the others, and I wouldn't mind trying that one, but for any others, I don't think it would be worth it for me. I tried a few low-carb (sweet) recipes which people said were great when I first started to low-carb, and to be honest, they were awful when prepared by me. I guess I am not a very good cook of sweet stuff. I normally cut down sugar in any sweet recipe anyway, and doing that with low-carb recipes perhaps was the reason they tasted pretty yuck to me. I'd prefer to very occasionally have a small portion of something really good, prepared by an expert than have mediocre sweet tastes every day.