#5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-11, 12:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/175/150 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by faduckeggs
I assume you are talking about the Atkins Fat Fast?

Dr Atkins decribed the fat fast for people who are so metabolically resistant to weight loss that they did not lose any weight during a regular induction. It is only to be followed for a few days, it is consists of five 200 calorie meals per day. He gives a selection of high fat 200 calories meals to choose from.

It is not a "way of eating" or a long term eating plan. It is simply a short diet meant to get severely metabolically-resistant people into fat burning.

The sample 200 calorie meals he proposed were: one ounce of macadamia nuts or macadamia nut butter, two ounces of cream cheese or Brie, one ounce of tuna or chicken salad with two teaspoons of mayonnaise served in one-quarter of an avocado, two deviled eggs made with two teaspoons of mayonnaise, two ounces of sour cream and two tablespoons black or red caviar, two and a half ounces whipped heavy cream topped with sucralose zero-calorie syrup, two ounces of pâté (check label for fat content), two egg yolks (hard-boiled) with one tablespoon of mayonnaise.

You total food for the day should be at 90% fat. And like I said, it is only to be followed for a cpouple of days and only for the people who cannot lose on strict induction.

Hi. In which book did you find that? I have them all, but don't remember any of that except the Macs and CC. I think I might try one of the others.
TIA, Ruth