View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 18:00
Registered Member

Plan: SPII IS/BOAG
Stats: 186/136/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:A lot/18%/20%
Progress: 109%

I'm getting married too (May 31), and I've got the same thing going on with my dress. I bought my dress just after getting engaged in November, and by my first fitting in mid-January I'd lost about 8 lbs and could really tell the difference. Tell your seamstress not to put the lace and sequins back on your bodice until as close to your wedding as absolutely possible, so it's easier to nip it in a bit more. That's what mine is doing, and it's a good thing -- I'm down about 4 lbs since then, and expect to have gotten rid of these last 4 lbs by the wedding.

Perhaps we should start a Wedding thread in the Countdown Club, because I know vbrowne and a couple other members are also getting married in the spring. I don't know about you, but that poufy white dress is an enormous motivator for me -- it's actually gotten me lifting weights, and it's a *very* effective cheat preventer. I'm actually a little scared of what will happen after the wedding, when I don't have the "blubber-butt bride" mental image to threaten myself with!

Congrats on the wedding and the weight loss!

Atlee