View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 16:51

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

While I have to say that losing 75 pounds in 2 years may not be breaking any speed records, the other things I've lost keep me going.
What else have I lost? 2 prescription medications, high blood sugar, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, that bone-tired exhaustion I always had, my addiction to sugar, and oh yeah....being resigned to being fat forever.
I've also gained a few things, too. Knowledge about how my body works and what works best for keeping it healthy, self esteem that I thought I had lost forever, pride in accomplishing what I set out to accomplish and the encouragement to set higher goals for myself. I'm learning to love myself at any size and learning to not define myself by the numbers on the scale or the number on that tag inside my pants. I've found again that inner strength and determination that I thought I had lost for good.
A low carb lifestyle isn't for everyone and it's unfortunate that people get the impression that they will lose huge amounts of weight in just a short time even if they only have a few pounds to lose. That leads to such disappointment and disillusion when it doesn't happen like they think it should.
Weight loss is really only a small part of what low carbing is all about. It's more about being as healthy as you were intended to be for life.
I wish you success in your journey to finding happiness and weight loss whichever method you choose.