View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 14:35

Plan: Modified SB...switched from Atkins
Stats: 150/145/125
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Project Cold Turkey

THATS IT!! Im throwing out my scale for a month. Anyone want to join me?

All around I see frustration with the scale jumps, and I share in that frustration. If the fat fast taught me anything it taught me that this low-carb thing works.

I jump on that damn scale 3 times a day everyday, and although I consider myself a positive person, as soon as I see the scale jump up....I let that get me down. I let it diminish my confidence in this WOE, I let a number on the scale rule whether I feel successful or not. I let it snicker doubts to me as to whether I will ever be slim.

WHY?!!!!? Why do I let it control my reactions and play victim to it?

I will no longer play games with that frustrating scale!!

This is WHAT I will do.

I will tell the hubby to take the scale with him to work and keep it there for a month.

I will take my measurements, and track my success only by comparison measurements weekly and how clothes fit.

I will take up my exercise with a new commitment and vigor.

I will drink my water and follow my low-carb plan.

I will trust before distrusting that all of this is working.

I will weigh in 30 days from now and only then, to have a true tool to measure my weight loss with!

Does anyone want to do this with me?? If not, I will just do this by myself (I have to, the scale is sabotaging me)..and keep track of this in my journal.

If we do get a small group together we could keep this thread alive with weekly checkins and updates, and see what our situation is a month from now ...and have all of this to look back on for comparison.

If you too are frustrated and wanting to join me in going cold turkey on the scale just chime in, list what your plan is for this upcoming month, get your starting measurements ..or article of clothing used for measuring progress in soon, and we can meet back in a week.

All those that see this after today that want to join up please do...just add 30 days to your start date for your program.

I realise this couldve been posted on the Challenge Board here but Im really not interested in doing this with strangers. Want to stay with the same group of people that Ive shared frustration, uncertainties, support, laughter and cheers with.

Im ready to give this low-carb thing a fair shot. No more magical wishing for the whoosh fairy to appear. Lets do the plan, get our asses moving, drink that water, stay off the scale....and see where all of it really takes us.
Sponsored Links