View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 14:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/201/197 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 87%

There are several for me...

1) To get my triglycerides down. I have a genetic issue that all my family members have. My tri's were 560 last time I checked, so high they couldn't even get my cholesterol counts. They put me on medication that gave me heart palpitations and facial flushing. Talk about sucky...

2) To get below 200 again so I can fit in to all my clothes. I refuse to buy fat clothes, so I am stuck wearing one pair of pants out of 9 pairs, and about 10 out of 60 or so shirts. At least all my shoes still fit

3) To lose enough weight that I have a normal body temperature again. I find that when I am over 200 I am a lot hotter and I sweat more easily.

4) I enjoy hiking in the mountains. Typically I gear up with a 15 lbs pack. Right now, being over my normal 200, I am already carrying a 25-30 lbs pack. Add another 15 in gear and I won't make it to the peaks and waterfalls this year.

That's it for me. I am not really a beach goer or one who goes to places where I want to look or need to look sexy, so just health and practical reasons for me.

Tom C