#11   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 10:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 346/295/220 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Taking coral calcium

My wife saw Robert Barefoot's coral calcium infomercial (the one with just him and Kevin Trudeau) and was intrigued. She bought a marine grade (the high grade which is taken from the ocean floor instead of mined on land) of 100 pills (1,000 mg) for $20. She has taken it and reports she sleeps better. She recently went through a certain time of the month and reported no cramping (she typically has bad cramps).

I bought at a low grade bottle ($5.88 for bottle of 60 1,000 mg) and have experienced less pain in my left foot (it has been bothering me for about 2 months). I am sleeping pretty good. If there are other benefits, I am not cognizant.

However, I chose to go with the low grade because in Barefoot's first commercial he had the position that almost any calcium was good, however, the major benefit of the marine grade calcium was the addition of magnesium. Now on the second infomercial (with Barefoot, Trudeau and Debbie), Barefoot seems to be pushing the marine grade calcium.

At any rate, I am going to continue with the low grade and continue taking the magnesium. At this point, it is a more economical avenue for me.

Bobby