View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 22:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/185/150
BF:
Progress: 51%
Wink New Comer

Greetings all! I am so glad I found this forum! It's great to finally feel like I can relate. I have been overweight ever since I can remember and have always had excessive hair also - much like my father...I thought I just took after him. When I got to my teenage years, the years came but my period didn't. I had 3 or 4 during my teen years and the family dr told my mom not to worry about it. Then I was told I had PCO in my early 20s, now 35.
Now have been married 4 years and we are trying to have a baby, and you can imagine how that has been. Have gone through 2 rounds of clomiphene/dexameth and have been on glucophage for 2 years. My gyno keeps saying he is sure I will get pregnant... but I haven't detected ovulation at any point.
So, due to other health concerns, something just clicked and I decided that I needed to "do Atkins". And it has been so natural - it just feels right for me, and my dr is ok with it.
I have lost 15 pounds in the last 3 weeks and much more in inches... didn't measure before I started so not sure of exact amount... hopefully this will help.
Does anyone have any stories (success hopefully )that relate?
I am really looking forward to sharing with all of you.
Sponsored Links