View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 20:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Post Hello

In the beginning I was obsessed with the scales,but that was due to the fact that I was adjusting to this WOL and still looking for a "quick fix". I still had that "diet mentality" and I had to really make this as a WOL and learn not to obsess over that scale. 3 months into it now for me and I don't even think about it that much,because it comes so natural. I eat this way because I feel better,look better,and am healthier! My migraines are gone,irritable bowel gone,energy is up,and I require less sleep! I've lost 20lbs and I'm completely happy with this. If I never lose another pound I'll still stay with low carb,because I am a carb addict and just as an alcoholic should not drink.. I cannot eat the sugar,potatoes,bread,pasta! Everyone gets discouraged and your weight will go up and down (especially if you are a woman w/ TOM). Also remember when you do not have much to lose it will not fall off overnight. I was at 158 for a month and then just dropped 2lbs over night one day.. so it does eventually fall off. Patience is key.. and I know that is hard. The main thing is that if you stick this out you will succeed! There are people on here who it takes 2 years to lost 70lbs.. and they still stay with it.. as they watch others drop 70lbs in 7months. If they have the determintation then surely those of us with very little to lose can ! That's inspiration baby! Later all.