View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 19:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/178/140
BF:
Progress: 24%

I've found that the loss of control comes after I am depressed. Which has been very frustrating for me.

For years I would get depressed for months and months at a time (once it lasted, non-stop, for 18 months). During that time my house would turn into a horrible pigsty and I would have nightmares about the Health Department coming to take my children away (they're 17 & 19 now and don't seem to recall the really bad times we went through). When I would emerge from a depression for a brief time (a few days at most), I tried to play catch-up with the house (lots of things got quickly stuffed into boxes and stored in the attic).

I've now been on medication for about five years and rarely go into a depression that lasts more than a few days. I'm just now (in this past year) starting to regain some control over my life. This is why I think my depression led to loss of control of my life and not that loss of control of my life led to my depression--although the greater my level of control, the more my happiness is increased.

I'm a bit down today (which is why I'm visiting this particular forum), but at least now I know it's a temporary state.