View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-11, 07:38

Plan: turtle style atkins
Stats: 202/166.4/145 Female 63 inches
BF:35.8%/29.5%/25.7%
Progress: 62%

I am curious - how tall are you??? It seems odd that a naturally "muscular male" would have 140# in his "healthy range". This may be too personal of a question - sorry if it is!

Have to agree about being careful with alcohol! The amount of carbs vary A LOT depending what you drink. There have been a few threads dedicated to low-carb alcoholic beverages. If that is something you are not willing to part with, you might want to do a "search" on this site and see what others have come up with.

It is frustrating to be stalled, I understand that! But I lose some, then stay the same for a while, then lose some, stay the same for a while. In my mind stalls are month(s) long ordeals, so don't flip out. Think LONG TERM investment!

If you truly are stalled, tweaking some of the things you mentioned (bread & alcohol) might help. As well as assessing if your total calorie count is tripping you up. I personally don't count mine as of yet, just the carb content, but several seasoned posters will tell you that your body doesn't need as many calories at 170 as it did at 190s, etc. And therefore if you are eating as many calories as you used to, it will hinder your wt loss.

On the opposite thought of that, are you getting enough fat intake at each meal? And of course, the pros are going to asking you to post what and amounts you eat if you really want help deciphering, so posting it now will save them the trouble of asking for it!