Old Sun, Aug-21-11, 22:38

Plan: 160g animal protein/day
Stats: 185/167/165 Female 5'10
BF:35
Progress: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona M
Hello!
Well, I've tried a few in my time; Atkins first, then Charles Clark, then The Carbohydrate Addicts Diet, Atkins (again), Charles Clark (again).
Each time, I lost weight and regained it when I stopped sticking to the rules.
This leads me to the conclusion that the simpler the rules are, the better chance of success.
In turn, this is bringing me to Paleo as the obvious choice for long termers.
I'm doing Anti X extra healing routine at the moment, as I have 3 key indicators for Syndrome X which need to be brought under control quickly.
I'm definitely leaning towards Paleo for life though.

Yup! The simpler, the better.

For example, I really enjoyed reading the Protein Power Lifeplan. However, Dr. Eades advocates taking lots of supplements and getting hard-to-find items like sardines packed in olive oil, eating grass-fed beef, and getting a special brand of cod liver oil in order to get enough omega-3 fatty acids. I could not stick to this!

I have only one simple rule for myself: 40 grams of carbs or less

That's it! And then there's the no-brainer stuff like no trans-fats, making sure to eat plenty of food before attending social gatherings, and drink water when you're thirsty. Although beneficial, I don't take vitamins. I would have a hard time sticking to a schedule of 10 to 15 of them a day. I also don't go out of my way to eat organic, grass-fed, etc. I think I prefer my WOE that way because I secretly want to prove that people with not a lot of money or who are too busy to go to 5 different grocery stores for specialty items, can eat LC when it's all said and done.