View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-19-11, 11:21

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/146.2/135 Female 5'6"
BF:24.2
Progress: 71%

Being an information junkie, I track what I eat and doing this helps me stay on track (accountability factor). While tracking carbs, proteins and fats, I also get a calorie count with the program I'm using. I've found that when I'm eating a good, clean induction my calories naturally end up fairly low....between 850 and 1100 usually, depending on what I eat that day. I absolutely do not try to limit calories, I merely observe what they are at the end of the day. The thing is, eating a clean, perfect induction tends to limit the volume of what I am able to eat. If I ate more I would feel sick. So I have to conclude that induction leaves me better able to listen and respond to my "true" hunger. I've also noticed that I really do lose better on the lower end of the calorie scale, also with lower carbs...10 to 12 is best for me. Finally, my calories tend to vary day to day. If one day happens to end up at 850 calories, next day I'm likely to take in more....not that I do this deliberately, because I'm basically following hunger and eating just until I'm satisfied.