View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-19-11, 06:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

I'm doing induction now, and logging all my food, and even though I'm being generous with the olive oil, butter, etc., I seem to be averaging around 1000 daily. You'd probably need a lot more calories than I do - I don't burn a lot because I have a physically limiting health issue, but a normally active person would probably need double what I need, so unless you cannot stop eating even after having a good meal, I don't think you need to worry about calories on induction. I'd say follow your appetite, don't allow yourself to get hungry, but don't deliberately scarf down loads of fat/oil either. Let your palate lead you and try to make nourishing choices. The only allowed foods I am consciously limiting are nuts and cheese of which I could eat mountains. And I have cut out the decaf coffee as it's 1-2 carbs per mug, and I'd prefer to eat 1-2 carbs worth of veggies instead.

If you aren't able to guage when you have eaten enough food, I'd say that you should watch not to eat too much protein, for the sake of your health. I'd say you should maybe not go over 2500, depending on your height.

I don't understand why you are on a diet, though, because your weight is already quite low, unless you are extremely tiny.. Dieting reduces your metabolism making you more likely to gain weight afterwards, so you have to be careful not to cause problems for yourself later.