#2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 13:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Hi Dingo...

Glad you've joined in on the discussions around here...

First thing I noticed on your post was that you used to have some spinach or lettuce, but you cut that out?? Well...cut it back IN!!! You must have your veggies every single day. Your body needs the roughage and fiber to help with digestion, not to mention the balance of nutrition to your system.

Also, it takes up plenty of room in your stomach where carbs used to be! I eat a huge salad - lettuce and blue cheese dressing, full fat kind - and a cheeseburger patty on top...that was my breakfast today!

Later with my lunch, maybe a little more salad, maybe just some sliced lunch meat - I save my cheese portions for when I want just cheese, like with salami or some other snack. I don't usually melt it over eggs anymore!

I would ignore the medication issue entirely...they always tell us about things that may interfere with weight loss (they have to) but I find the more things I ignore, the fewer hinderances I have!
Ignorance is bliss maybe!

Also, perhaps you are not eating enough...your menu sounds fine, but fun your numbers through fitday.com and see what they come out like. You may have too LOW of a caloric intake. Your numbers should be about 65% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs.

If you get the water you need, and increase on your veggies, you will have the higher amount of foods without bothering your carb count too much. Lettuce is not a terrible thing to over-do, in fact I'm sure I get more than my 3 cups of veggies a day...but it fills me and doesn't affect my loss.

Finally...when you stall out a little bit, don't worry about it. This WOE is not to be tracked daily, but over the long-haul. You will see a 2 pound loss, then a 1 pound gain, then nothing, then a 2 pound loss, etc. It's at the end of a few months that you'll see the downward trend. Otherwise, don't look for a consistent loss pattern...that may start to take on a zig-zag in the future. No problem...it goes with the plan.

Good luck,