View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Aug-06-11, 05:38

Plan: Atkins/HcG
Stats: 211/168/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Congrats to you for hitting your goal and sticking with the plan, even with all the bumps in the road.

I started the lc woe after my supervisor actually gave me the atkins '72 book (and I wanted to lose some weight before my sons wedding, which was 2 months after I started this woe, which I dropped 20 pounds). I read and re-read that darn thing, I can't tell you how many times. Kept it in my car so at lunchtime I could go out and re-read it. Plus, this forum has the best recipes...I would cut and paste and print them out. Got me a 3-ring binder with tabs and made up my own cookbook. I think dh thought I had lost it!

Like you, the weight just melted off at first but then I got down to the 171-172 point where I couldn't lose any more. Reading about the hcg got my interest so in March, 2011, I started using the drops. I lost about 25 pounds the first round, which was just fantastic! I couldn't believe it actually worked!

Right now I'm holding pretty steady around 156, but like you, I'm middle aged with 2 grown children and 4 grandchildren and I think I look pretty darn good (except for all the extra skin hanging around )for an ole lady

The weight charts has my ideal weight around 149 so I'm going to try to lose a few more pounds. As of yesterday, dh and I joined our local gym which is within walking distance from our house. I'm so excited to get over there today and start firming all this flab up!!

Thank you for sharing your story with us