View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-11, 11:46

Plan: Atkins-Phase 2 OWL
Stats: 230/172.2/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 64%

Thank you so much everyone I am adding what I just wrote in my journal, here as well. Bc I don't want to lose site of what I have committed myself to, and want to hold myself accountable!!

Quote:
So I am ready to recommit fully to the choice I made a year ago. I have done some soul searching lately, and have come to the conclusion that maintenance does not mean what I thought it was going to mean.

When I first started this WOL, I had the mind set that when I got to goal, I would be able to 'enjoy' all of the things I was going without for so long, as long as it was in moderation.

Well, I have done that for about the last 3 months, and what did I learn?

1.. It opens too many doors to eat off plan.
2.. I am lazy, and unmotivated when I am not eating 100% on plan.
3.. It is just setting myself up for failure in the long run, and (I don't really see it going this far, but it is entirely possible) possibly ending up right back where I was before.
4.. I eat WAY more, in quantity when I am allowing myself this here, or that there... I am hungry far more often.

I got sick at the beginning of this week (well Saturday night to be exact is when it started.) So what did I do? I ate what I felt like I wanted for 3 days, which consisted of, canned tomato soup, saltine crackers, grilled cheeses, and any kind of bread and pasta I could get my hands on. As a result, I was up to 150 lbs (been here b4 while practicing maintenance, so not that big of a deal BUT)... the big deal to me comes in now... I decided after Tuesday that I had had enough. Wednesday morning I felt like I was back to my old self (eating wise, strength, and willpower.. not to mention feeling better sick wise as well), and since then I have at 100% on plan, not drank a drop of alcohol, and as a result??
1.. I am back down to 143 this morning!
2.. I am much more content and not thinking about food 24/7
3.. I FEEL better, mind body and soul... my energy has returned, and everything is clear once again.

I don't regret anything I have done over the last 3 months, I only look at it as part of this journey. I have proved to myself, once again, that I am meant to eat this way, and there is absolutely no excuse not to, under any circumstances!

I had a successful day away from home yesterday with the family (which has been a problem for me this summer, grabbing chips, or eating a sandwich.. all for the purpose of convenience) and I am that much more empowered bc of it!!

The biggest part for me is that I am not no where near as hungry as I have been for months... My appetite is where it should be, and I am much happier this way as a result.

The number on the scale now means nothing to me! I am so thankful to finally be in a place with my journey, that I am truly comfortable. Comfortable with the progress I have made, comfortable with who I am and who I have become, comfortable with my life, and comfortable with my choices.

I hope to never lose site of what is best for me again! It is so refreshing to have the willpower and control again to be able to say no thanks, or not even take just one bite!

This is where I belong, and is where I want to stay for the rest of my life! (any more subsequent weight loss as a result, will just be an added bonus ) lol

I can't wait for school to start for the kids, so I can get back in my grove again and start the shred!

Here is to year 2 of my journey being even better than the 1st!!!