View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 18:22

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Picabo,

In my view, I don't think you should feel too badly having given into your cravings. We are all human and prone to certain culinary temptations that simply must be indulged in occasionally. For instance, I have never felt--still don't--and never will feel it is feasible to give up chocolate, ice cream, or any of the foods we particularly like for all of eternity. That simply isn't practical nor desirable, in my view. I think indulging in moderation from time to time to be a much better option than complete abstinance for the rest of your life. Naturally, this might delay weight loss, but there certainly isn't any irreversible harm done--unless one has a medical condition which prohibits certain foods.

From time to time, we ought to eat what we like. I think this eating regimen is a means to an end. For instance, it is a way for us to lose some weight. Once the weight has been lost, consider the following scenario. Eat a chocolate cake, then run an extra mile or two to burn it off. No harm, no foul. In my view, that would be maintenance.

Best of luck!