View Single Post
  #61   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 13:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Kristine, that is so good...writing out the things that are holding you back. I'm going to do that today, just to separate the excuses from the truth. Then I can work on the bad habits.

I KNOW every time I make a LC cheesecake, that I will have WAY too much, then feel guilty about even having it in the house, and will polish the rest of it off.

This is exactly the stuff that will help change those bad habits into good ones... What is the hinderance? How can I remove it? What would be the benefit?

Jay... (The initial 'energy' to do this came from self-disgust as much as anything - not the most constructive reason, though it got things done. )

I can so relate to this...Here's my self-psycho assessment ...see if this hit home for anyone:

it seems that our initial efforts are born out of such self-loathing, that when we finally develop into good mental attitude, momentum in our progress...that we reach a place where we are no longer "hating" ourselves...we're proud and content and self-caring.

I think the coming around to self-love is often a barrier...we get "cocky" and somewhat satisfied with our efforts, and then we kind of begin to like ourselves. Well, we've already associated our losing weight/progress with self-hate...so now we have a conflict. And the progress stops...and we have to bring ourselves to a level of disgust with ourselves again to get it kicked into gear. This is another conflict... LC'ing and progressing and these boards, etc. have all made us committed to self-love... and around and around we go again.

For me, it's mind clutter. Need some "Braino" (a term I use in my group to "un-clog" that clutter and confusion ) ... For me, it's writing or talking it out with a good listener. Most people can't keep it in the head, or it does'nt go away. Which is why these boards are so therapuetic for us!

I think I will start with the exercise Kristine has done...that is clarity. It isn't "motivation" per se, but it clears the pathway when the drive kicks in. The motivation has to be self-love... and I'm still working on that one, Jay. Still thinking hard about it... not that I haven't found a comfortable place about myself, but like I said, I'm too comfortable I think...and in conflict.

Let's all just keep holding hands... One at a time, we'll break through and start pulling each other across that line too.

Sponsored Links