View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 10:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

Lisa,

I guess the thing that gets me is that all low carb products seem to get lumped together and they all get a bad rap.

Also, we are a scoiety of convience. It will always be that way. It is great to see low carb products that fit into our lifestyles. Just because a product is low carb it doesn't make it fake. I have low carb tortillas in the freezer. They have healthy ingredients and it was great that I could have an honest to god taco the other night.

I tried Atkins 7 years ago and stuck to it for only a month or so. It was hard to stick to it thinking I could never have a piece of chocolate or a cookie for the rest of my life. It just seemed so restrictive. I had to wake up early to make something. It was hard to fit the plan into my busy lifestyle.

Now, I could not imagine being on anything but Atkins. A lot has changed in the past few years. Lots more books, recipes, forums and products. I know some people on this site lean towards a more paleo or whole food approach but I feel this isn't a one size fits all situation. On the weekends, I don't touch low carb products. During the weekday, when I may be called into a three hour meeting at the end of the day, you bet I have a bar in my purse just in case! Thats what works for me.