Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

As requested:
From the Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook:

Coconut Chicken Satés with Peanut Dipping Sauce

1 14 oz can unsweetened coconut milk (reserve 1 T for sauce)
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
1 small clove garlic, minced
juice of 1/2 lime
salt & pepper to taste
2 whole boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips
10 bamboo skewers (soaked for 30 minutes) or 10 metal skewers

Preheat broiler.

Combine coconut milk, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, salt & pepper in a large bowl and mix well. Add the chicken, stirring to coat. Let the chicken marinate, covered, for at least 20 minutes or up to 1 hour.

Thread 2 pieces of chicken onto each skewer and broil, turning once, for 7 minutes, or until the chicken is lightly browned. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.

Serves 2
Per serving, 3.5 grams of carbs

Peanut Dipping Sauce:
3 T sugar free peanut butter
1 T unsweetened coconut milk (optional)
1 T toasted sesame oil
1/2 cup water
1 T soy sauce
juice of 1/2 lime
1 small clove garlic
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Combine ingredients and puree until smooth. Store in fridge for up to 4 days. (The marinade & the dipping sauce also freeze well)

Carbs: 13 grams for entire recipe (yields 1 cup)

Notes:

1) I don't like skewering the chicken - it takes too long , so I just put them on my broiler pan and broil til browned.
2) For the dipping sauce, I add a little jalapeno pepper to give it some punch
3) Play with the consistency of the sauce. I like mine a little thicker so I cut down on the water and add more oil (or coconut milk)
4) I've been know to throw the leftovers together with baby spinach for a lunchtime salad and use the dipping sauce as my dressing.

Let me know how you like it. Dr. Atkin's site has a similar Peanut Sauce that is Induction-friendly, so I don't see why anyone on Induction can't have this one either. Just don't start eating the peanut butter out of the jar. Use it responsibly.

Wanda