View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 08:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 125/115/110
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi Jellyfissh,

Trader Joe's has the best prices for the Atkins muffin mixes. I used to shop at their Tempe, AZ location and they have the blueberry,lemon-poppyseed, and brownie mixes for $3.99. They also carry Atkins ready-to-drink shakes, baking mix, food for life low-carb bread, lots of great cheeses, meats, nuts, great dips (crab and grilled artichoke & parmesan are my fave!), and lots of other neat stuff. They used to carry low-carb whole wheat tortillas, but they didn't have them when I was there last week.
I recently moved, but whenever I go back to visit I always stock up.

FYI-- Some of the other locations may or may not have the same items, and sometimes they run out etc... You can visit their website at www.traderjoes.com to see if there is a location near you.

Also, if you live in Arizona, the LowCarbMall has 3 locations in AZ. They have EVERYTHING low-carb you can think of. I bought the Flax-o-meal butter pecan hot cereal (4 bags) ~ $7.99 a piece. I absolutely love the flax-o-meal hot cereal!! I really like the pancake mix they make too.

I also tried some of the low-carb rye bread that the LowCarbMall carries and it's really good. The website on the bread packaging is www.lowcardepotonline.com

It's expensive though, so I won't be buying it on a regular basis. Plus, I live in the Midwest now and its harder to find low-carb items here.