View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 07:00

Plan: Atkins...but thinking of switching to Curves
Stats: 150.5/144.5/120
BF:37.5%/35%/20%
Progress: 20%

Thanks very much to everyone who responded - I appreciate all of your comments and suggestions!

Hi Wanda: I know -- calculating my foods manually IS a lot of work...but the most time consuming part is over now. What I did was make a list of all they typical foods I eat, looked it all up at the USDA Nutrient Database website and wrote it all down...then typed it up. I DID create my own "custom" foods in fitday but after I did all that, to my surprise I discovered that they round up or down all the numbers...which means that the end numbers aren't really correct. I've experimented by taking a few days of food intake -- doing it manually and also doing it in fitday with my custom list. Each time fitday's total ends up being way off compared to my manual list (and yes, I take into consideration that fitday doesn't subtract fiber from the carbs). Also when I tried to put "0" grams of protein for veggies in my custom list, it wouldn't let me...and since veggie protein is not "complete protein", I really don't want those numbers included in my protein percentage. Yes, I noticed in your journal that you use a different software program -- I'll have to check into that! Thanks again for all your feedback, Wanda.

Hi butrf1yb1u: No, I'm not planning on keeping a journal on this board...altho I do have an email buddy (outside of this board) I journal with everyday. Yes, please keep in touch -- write me anytime! And thanks for the warm welcome...

dreamseeker